The Vector program helps National Security Innovation Network (NSIN)-alumni teams (from H4D, Hacks, Maker, and X-Force) to develop their solutions into dual-use businesses for customers inside and outside the Department of Defense (DoD). Over eight weeks, Vector teaches business fundamentals of dual-use venture creation to the teams and concludes with a pitch competition for a $25,000 prize.
Former and Current DoD Sponsors
Vector is an opportunity to continue the development of a solution with a team of NSIN problem solvers.
DoD problem-sponsors must commit two hours each week to help teams iterate on their ideas and facilitate meetings for further product validation with other interested DoD entities.
Vector is open to prior NSIN-program alumni who are interested in scaling their solution concepts into viable businesses.
Participants must commit three hours each week during a spring or fall semester, and participate in a final pitch event either online or in person.
Interested applicants must show evidence of continued DoD sponsor support for consideration.
Areas of Focus
All technology areas eligible, but these 10 will take priority:
- Directed energy
- Command, control and communications
- Space offense and defense
- Artificial intelligence/machine learning
- Missile defense
- Quantum science and computing
Important Dates for the 2022 Cohort
- 01 SEP 2021: Applications Open
- 31 OCT 2021: Applications Close
- NOV 2021: Participating Teams Selected & Notified
- JAN 2022: Program Begins
- MAR 2022: Final Showcase Event & Award to Winning Team
- MAR 2022 - MAR 2023: NSIN Follow-on Support
Questions about Vector?
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org