The National Security Innovation Network (NSIN) is hiring for a position in Seattle, WA! NSIN is recruiting a Regional Director to oversee all of its efforts with the early-stage venture community and academia throughout the Northwest Region and responsible for all NSIN activities in Seattle, WA, and throughout Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Alaska.
Regional Directors build and cultivate intra-regional communities of national security problem-solvers that connect one or more Spokes with their Hub City and DoD Customers throughout their Region. They do this not only to serve the interests of their assigned Region, but to increase the overall value of their assigned node within the National Security Innovation Network for which the Managing Director is ultimately responsible. Regional Directors are, all at once, starring cast in the NSIN movie, ambassadors extraordinary from the DoD, salespeople for NSIN products, and subordinate CEOs to the NSIN Managing Director.
The day-to-day duties and responsibilities of this role vary based on the needs of NSIN and the Northwest Region and can include:
- Creating a national security problem-solving ecosystem in the Pacific South Rgion and Department of Defense end-users from throughout the area;
- Planning, delivering, and evaluating NSIN programs;
- Creating bespoke collaboration opportunities between the Department of Defense and local innovation communities.
Successful Candidates Will Have:
- a working knowledge of the venture, academic, and defense ecosystems throughout the Pacific Northwest United States;
- prior experience working in two or more of the following communities: national security, academia, and/or the start-up world so that you can operate most effectively with NSIN’s three constituencies;
- an aversion to being told exactly what to do and when to do it. The ability to operate extensively with minimal guidance is critical to the success of this role;
- an eagerness to travel and explore your assigned Region so that you know everything going on within in it. Traveling up to 40% of the time is pretty common and may surge based on the needs of NSIN;
- an unquenchable passion to change the way that DOD solves its problems. NSIN is engaged in hard work and there are long, tough days fighting a daunting bureaucracy;
- a willingness and aptitude to operate successfully as part of a remote, team-based culture. The Northwest RD will be the only NSIN personnel assigned throughout the Northwest Region for at least a year.
How To Apply:
This opporutnity is closed.
About the National Security Innovation Network (NSIN):
NSIN is a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) organization with the mission to build networks of innovators that generate new solutions to national security problems. NSIN does this by building communities of non-traditional defense problem solvers from the academic and venture communities, exposing these communities to national security problems through direct interaction with DoD end users, and supporting the further development and transition of these solutions into the DOD. The principal way in which NSIN achieves its mission is through three mutually supporting portfolios of programs: National Service, Collaboration, and Acceleration. NSIN’s Regional Network Team will be physically located in more than 35 different locations throughout the United States and is responsible for building the new communities of problem-solvers through which NSIN executes its programs.