The application period for this position is now closed.
GXM is hiring a full-time University Program Director at Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (FAMU) in Tallahassee, FL! Applications are due 5pm EDT on October 9, 2020. All complete packages (resumes and cover letters) will be reviewed after this date.
Although the day-to-day duties and responsibilities of this role vary based on the needs of NSIN and the host university, the University Program Director spends his/her time:
- Engaging Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University and surrounding partners to create opportunities for Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University students and personnel to collaboratively work on and solve Department of Defense problems through coursework, exposure to University resources and expertise, and creation of ventures;
- Promote state-wide efforts on behalf of NSIN as coordinated through The State University System of Florida (FL SUS) Office of the Chancellor.
- Creating a national security problem-solving ecosystem in close partnership with Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, the Tallahassee FL, venture ecosystem, and Department of Defense end users from throughout the area;
- Planning, delivering, and evaluating NSIN programs in partnership with Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University; and
- Creating bespoke collaboration opportunities between the Department of Defense and the faculty and students at FAMU.
About Your New Team
NSIN is a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) organization with the mission to build networks of innovators that generate new solutions to national security problems. NSIN does this by building communities of non-traditional defense problem solvers from the academic and venture communities, exposing these communities to national security problems through direct interaction with DoD end users, and supporting the further development and transition of these solutions into the DOD. The principal way in which NSIN achieves its mission is through three mutually supporting portfolios of programs: National Service, Collaboration, and Acceleration. NSIN’s Regional Network Team will be physically located in more than 35 different locations throughout the United States and is responsible for building the new communities of problem-solvers through which NSIN executes its programs
NSIN’s commitment to diversity and an inclusive work environment extends beyond our network to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, or other non-merit factor.
About Your New Role
The University Program Director helps build and grow a network of national security problem solvers at Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University by serving as the principal liaison between Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University and the DoD for all matters pertaining to NSIN. This includes leading the planning and execution of NSIN programming at Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University and the surrounding innovation ecosystem, coordination and execution of all NSIN led or co-sponsored events at Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, supervising all assigned personnel to the University Program Director’s office at the host school, and evaluating all programs and projects between NSIN and the host school for measures of effectiveness and efficiency. (60%)
The University Program Director interacts with staff, faculty, and students at Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University to develop programs, curricula, projects, etc., in support of host school goals and requirements. He or she contributes to the intellectual community of the host school, in general, and to his/her assigned academic school/college in particular. He/she reviews books, journals, and other primary sources to ensure currency with developments related to the NSIN program. As required, the incumbent represents NSIN at meetings, conferences and symposia at the host school that provide an essential information exchange with a wide variety of government agencies, academic institutions, and businesses. (10%)
The University Program Director acts as the liaison for the DoD and the host school with the local high technology, startup, and venture capital communities for the development of collaboration opportunities and potential partnerships. (10%).
The incumbent serves as the University Program Director with principal duties located at Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University in Tallahassee, FL and will work to support NSIN’s Southeast Regional Director’s direction, which will include supporting the Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies at the FAMU - FSU College of Engineering’s work.
The Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University UPD may have additional duties (not to exceed 30% of total effort) as the NSIN Liaison Officer (NSIN LNO) to the FL SUS Office of the Chancellor in order to ensure maximum participation and consistency in quality of programs across the FL SUS institutions. (20%)
To Crush this Role, You’ll Need to Bring
- Experience working with dual-use technology and national security policy communities.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University community and the entrepreneurial and venture ecosystems in Tallahassee, FL.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Broad knowledge of academic research and commercial research and development relevant to emerging DOD capability needs.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, including oral and written skills.
- Foresight, maturity, and the ability to negotiate amicable solutions to complex problems.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Travel requirements for this position are occasional. The incumbent may be required to travel up to 20% of the time.
This position is a federal contractor position with GS-14 Level Compensation.
How To Apply:
The application period for this position is now closed.
GXM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.