The application period for this position is now closed.
We are hiring an AFRL NSIN Liaison to manage and build the powerful partnership between NSIN and the Air Force Research Lab’s Small Business Directorate (AFRL/SB).
About Your New Team
NSIN is a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) organization with the mission to build networks of innovators that generate new solutions to national security problems. NSIN does this by building communities of non-traditional defense problem solvers from the academic and venture communities, exposing these communities to national security problems through direct interaction with DoD end-users, and supporting the further development and transition of these solutions into the DOD. The principal way in which NSIN achieves its mission is through three mutually supporting portfolios of programs: National Service, Collaboration, and Acceleration. NSIN’s Regional Network Team will be physically located in more than 35 different locations throughout the United States and is responsible for building the new communities of problem-solvers through which NSIN executes its programs.
AFRL leads the discovery, development, and delivery of warfighting technologies for our air, space, and cyberspace forces. We’re pushing the boundaries and creating a new tomorrow through unparalleled research.” For more information on AFRL, please visit the website.
NSIN’s commitment to diversity and an inclusive work environment extends beyond our network to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, or other non-merit factors.
About Your New Role
As the AFRL NSIN Liaison, you will help manage a powerful partnership between NSIN and the Air Force Research Lab’s Small Business Directorate (AFRL/SB). In this capacity, you will identify opportunities for collaboration and partnership between NSIN and AFRL/SB. To support the mission objectives of both organizations, you will work with AFRL staff and NSIN program managers and regional team members to build and manage collaborative lines of effort and cooperatively pursued projects.
Additionally, you will act as a point of contact and expert of each organization as NSIN and AFRL work together. You will help manage the administration of the partnership between the two organizations. You will also be given the opportunity to provide general support for both AFRL and NSIN as the opportunities present themselves. NSIN and AFRL/SB are working hard to bring new solutions and technologies to the warfighter, and you will be an essential part of helping us pursue this mission together.
To Crush this Role, You’ll Need to Bring
- A deep passion for both AFRL and NSIN’s work and mission;
- Prior experience working in two or more of the following communities: national security, academia, and/or the start-up world so that you can operate most effectively with NSIN’s three constituencies;
- A professional scientific or engineering degree (bachelor’s or higher) is not required but desired;
- Experience managing relationships and representing organizations;
- Foresight, maturity, and the ability to negotiate amicable solutions to complex problems;
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, including oral and written skills;
- Proven background in applying science, technology, and engineering to solve problems;
- Empathy for new problem-solvers, from the academic, national security, and venture communities, will allow you to help translate DoD needs in ways that they can understand and respond to; and,
- An unquenchable passion to change the way that DOD solves its problems. NSIN is engaged in hard work and there are long, tough days when making change.
This is a U.S. Government Position with GS13-14 Equivalent Pay, located in Dayton, OH.
How To Apply:
The application period for this position is now closed. Apply by submitting your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject of AFRL LNO by August 28, 2020.