This opportunity is now closed.
NSIN is hiring a Regional Director to oversee its efforts with the early-stage venture community and academia throughout the Pacific-North Region. This role is responsible for NSIN activities in Northern California (north of San Jose) and Nevada and located in San Francisco, CA. This position will close at 5:00pm EDT on August 24, 2020.
About Your New Team
NSIN is a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) organization with the mission to build networks of innovators that generate new solutions to national security problems. NSIN does this by building communities of non-traditional defense problem solvers from the academic and venture communities, exposing these communities to national security problems through direct interaction with DOD end- users, and supporting the further development and transition of these solutions into the DOD. The principal way in which NSIN achieves its mission is through three mutually supporting portfolios of programs: National Service, Collaboration, and Acceleration. NSIN’s Regional Network Team will be physically located in more than 35 different locations throughout the United States and is responsible for building the new communities of problem-solvers through which NSIN executes its programs.
NSIN’s commitment to diversity and an inclusive work environment extends beyond our network to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, or other non-merit factors.
About Your New Role
The Pacific-North Regional Director principally oversees the development of Customers and Partners to solve national security problems through NSIN programs and serves as the single NSIN point of contact for all Department of Defense Customers and private-sector Partners for the Pacific-North Region. The incumbent will be based in San Francisco, CA. (60%)
The Regional Director serves as the principal NSIN point of contact for all DoD entities based in the region for the purposes of identifying potential NSIN program or pilot matches. This includes, but is not limited to, initial Customer engagement, identifying problems and pain points within the commands and their subordinate component commands, and identifying potential problem-solving partners from academia or the early-stage venture community within NSIN’s network to engage in problem-solving activity through NSIN programs or pilots. (30%)
The Pacific-North Regional Director represents NSIN at symposia, conferences, or other strategic engagement opportunities in the region as recommended by the Director of Communications and approved by the Director of Operations. (10%)
This position supports the direction of the NSIN Director of Operations.
To Crush this Role, You’ll Need to Bring
- A working knowledge of the Pacific-North Region’s defense, venture, and academic communities.
- Prior experience working in two or more of the following communities: national security, academia, and/or the start-up world so that you can operate most effectively with NSIN’s three constituencies;
- Experience working with dual-use technology and national security policy communities;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Broad knowledge of emerging national security needs and associated science and technology programs;
- Broad knowledge of academic research and commercial research and development relevant to emerging DOD capability needs;
- Recent experience in technology projects involving inter-agency, inter-departmental, and international partners;
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, including oral and written skills;
- Foresight, maturity, and the ability to negotiate amicable solutions with diverse teams;
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance;
- Travel requirements for this position are frequent. Incumbent may be required to travel up to 40% of the time to multiple states; and
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
This is a U.S. Government Position with GS-15 Equivalent Pay.
How To Apply:
This opportunity is now closed.