The application period for this position is now closed.
The National Security Innovation Network (NSIN) is hiring a full-time Staff Assistant. Applications due August 7, 2020.
About Your New Team
NSIN is a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) organization with the mission to build networks of innovators that generate new solutions to national security problems. NSIN does this by building communities of non-traditional defense problem solvers from the academic and venture communities, exposing these communities to national security problems through direct interaction with DoD end-users, and supporting the further development and transition of these solutions into the DOD. The principal way in which NSIN achieves its mission is through three mutually supporting portfolios of programs: National Service, Collaboration, and Acceleration. NSIN’s Regional Network Team will be physically located in more than 35 different locations throughout the United States and is responsible for building the new communities of problem-solvers through which NSIN executes its programs. For a better idea of who we are, check us out at www.nsin.us!
NSIN’s commitment to diversity and an inclusive work environment extends beyond our network to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
About Your New Role
You will be an intricate part of NSIN’s headquarters operations. In this role, you will support NSIN headquarters staff through the preparation of materials, researching questions, preparing briefs, briefing materials, facilitating internal processes, and supplying assistance to NSIN’s headquarters staff work together to achieve NSIN’s mission. You will work at the direction and support NSIN’s Chief of Staff, and you will also support NSIN’s general operations. This position is an excellent opportunity to have a broad impact on an organization with an important mission.
In this role, you will provide the above-described support plan, execute and evaluate discrete, project-based tasks that directly support the work of the NSIN headquarters at large. (80%)
Other duties as assigned. (20%)
To Crush this Role, You’ll Need to Bring
- A passion for solving hard problems;
- A sense of and personal drive to make a change in how the Department of Defense innovates to and solves its hardest problems;
- Possess at least an earned B.A./B.S. degree from a regionally accredited institution or at least four years of project-based work, including planning, executing, and evaluating results (national security degrees and certifications are a plus);
- Experience providing analysis, policy, and technology support to mission-driven organizations. Experience with national security and/or intelligence communities;
- A proven track record of supporting large projects and initiatives;
- Broad knowledge of the Department of Defense, its innovation projects, and its programs and initiatives;
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (Travel is occasional, but it may be required);
- Prior experience working in two or more of the following communities: national security, academia, and/or the start-up world is a plus;
- An innate drive to be a part of and contribute to a team-based culture;
- Orientation to details and strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including oral and written skills; and
- Foresight, maturity, and the ability to negotiate amicable solutions to complex problems.
This position is a federal contractor position with GS-10 Level Compensation.
How To Apply:
The application period for this positin is now closed. —