This position is now closed.
GXM is hiring a full-time University Program Director at GA Tech in Atlanta, GA for our client The National Security Innovation Network (NSIN)!
Applications will be evaluated after close date.
Although the day-to-day duties and responsibilities of this role vary based on the needs of NSIN and the host university, the University Program Director spends his/her time:
- Engaging the Georgia Tech and surrounding partners to create opportunities for GA Tech students and personnel to collaboratively work on and solve Department of Defense problems through coursework, exposure to University resources and expertise, and creation of ventures;
- Creating a national security problem-solving ecosystem in close partnership with GA Tech, the Atlanta venture ecosystem, and Department of Defense end users from throughout the area;
- Planning, delivering, and evaluating NSIN programs in partnership with GA Tech; and
- Creating bespoke collaboration opportunities between the Department of Defense and the faculty and students at GA Tech.
About Your New Team
NSIN is a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) organization with the mission to build networks of innovators that generate new solutions to national security problems. NSIN does this by building communities of non-traditional defense problem solvers from the academic and venture communities, exposing these communities to national security problems through direct interaction with DoD end users, and supporting the further development and transition of these solutions into the DOD. The principal way in which NSIN achieves its mission is through three mutually supporting portfolios of programs: National Service, Collaboration, and Acceleration. NSIN’s Regional Network Team will be physically located in more than 35 different locations throughout the United States and is responsible for building the new communities of problem-solvers through which NSIN executes its programs.
NSIN’s commitment to diversity and an inclusive work environment extends beyond our network to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, or other non-merit factor.
About Your New Role
The University Program Director helps build and grow a network of national security problem solvers at GA Tech by serving as the principal liaison between the host school and the DoD for all matters pertaining to NSIN. This includes planning, resourcing and executing all NSIN programming conducted, with and through Georgia Tech; coordination and execution of all NSIN events at Georgia Tech and the surrounding ecosystem; supervising all assigned personnel to the University Program Director’s program office at the host school; and evaluating all programs and projects between NSIN and the host school for measures of effectiveness and efficiency. (75%)
The University Program Director interacts with staff, faculty, and students at the host school to develop programs, curricula, projects, etc., in support of host school goals and requirements. He or she contributes to the intellectual community of the host school, in general, and to his/her assigned academic school/college in particular. He/she reviews books, journals, and other primary sources to ensure currency with developments related to the NSIN program. As required, the incumbent represents the NSIN program at meetings, conferences and symposia at the host school that provide an essential information exchange with a wide variety of government agencies, academic institutions, and businesses. (15%)
The University Program Director conducts liaison on behalf of DoD and the host school with the local, high technology and venture capital communities for the development of collaboration opportunities and potential partnerships. (10%).
The incumbent serves as the University Program Director with principal duties located at GA Tech in Atlanta, GA and will report to an appropriate university administrator (as determined by the host school) and through the Southeast Regional Director to the Director of Operations (DO).
To Crush this Role, You’ll Need to Bring
- Experience working with dual-use technology and national security policy communities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Georgia Tech community and the entrepreneurial and venture ecosystems in the surround communities.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be US Citizen.
- Broad knowledge of emerging national security needs and associated Science and Technology programs.
- Broad knowledge of academic research and commercial research and development relevant to emerging DOD capability needs.
- Recent experience in technology projects involving inter-agency, inter-departmental, and international partners.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, including oral and written skills.
- Foresight, maturity, and the ability to negotiate amicable solutions to complex problems.
- Travel requirements for this position are occasional. The incumbent may be required to travel up to 15-20% of the time.
This position is a federal contractor position with GS-14 Level Compensation.
How To Apply:
This position is now closed.
GXM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.