The application period is now closed.
GXM is hiring a full-time Program Manager for the Collaboration Portfolio in Arlington, VA, in support of our client, NSIN (National Security Innovation Network). Applications are due August 5, 2020, applications reviewed on a rolling basis.
About Your New Team
NSIN is a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) organization with the mission to build networks of innovators that generate new solutions to national security problems. NSIN does this by building communities of non-traditional defense problem solvers from the academic and venture communities, exposing these communities to national security problems through direct interaction with DoD end users, and supporting the further development and transition of these solutions into the DOD. The principal way in which NSIN achieves its mission is through three mutually supporting portfolios of programs: National Service, Collaboration, and Acceleration. NSIN’s Regional Network Team will be physically located in more than 35 different locations throughout the United States and is responsible for building the new communities of problem-solvers through which NSIN executes its programs.
NSIN’s commitment to diversity and an inclusive work environment extends beyond our network to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, or other non-merit factors.
About Your New Role
You will manage one or more programs within NSIN’s Collaboration Portfolio. The Collaboration Portfolio has the exciting and unique task of solving National Security Problems by generating novel concepts and solutions at collision events where new problem-solvers engage with DoD customers. The Collaboration Portfolio does this by collaborating with Partners from the Academic and Venture Communities to build the aforementioned collision events in the form of hackathons, University course curricula, online collaboration platforms and more. NSIN Program Managers develop, manage, execute, evaluate, and improve their assigned programs. As a Program Manager within the NSIN Collaboration Portfolio, you’ll be assigned one or more programs that operate in support of the Portfolio’s mission. The incumbent will initially be asked to manage at least NSIN’s Bootcamp program, but may be given new responsibilities as appropriate.
Program Managers serve as the principal product owner for all programs and services which are assigned to them by their Portfolio Director. This includes development, planning, resourcing, and execution of all components and phases of program execution and measuring assigned programs (or services) through the development of Key Performance Indicators and/or other measures of efficiency and efficacy. (60%)
Program Managers work directly with the NSIN Regional Team, composed of 10 Regional Directors and 35 University Program Directors, to deliver NSIN acceleration programming across the nation. This includes the management of DoD customers for all assigned programming, working with members of the Regional Team to create bespoke acceleration programming that leverage unique competitive advantages of each region, and actively facilitating feedback to continually improve program design and execution. (30%)
Program Managers work with the NSIN communications Team to collaboratively develop and manage the brand of the NSIN programs and capture the outputs from assigned programming to ensure that the Communications Team can effectively market NSIN’s work to the both internal and external stakeholders and the public. (10%)
To Crush this Role, You’ll Need to Bring
- A deep passion for NSIN’s work and mission;
- Prior experience working in two or more of the following communities: national security, academia, and/or the start-up world so that you can operate most effectively with NSIN’s three constituencies;
- Working familiarity with Human-Centered Design, Lean and Agile methodologies and other commercial innovation practices.
- An aversion to being told exactly what to do and when to do it. The ability to lead the management of your program(s) in times of ambiguity is critical to the success of this role;
- Empathy for new problem-solvers, from the academic, national security, and venture communities, that will allow you to help translate DoD needs in ways that they can understand and respond to;
- Foresight, maturity, and the ability to negotiate amicable solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrated success in program management;
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, including oral and written skills;
- A willingness and aptitude to operate successfully as part of a remote, team-based culture;
- A willingness to travel (about 25%) in order to direct feedback on program execution from our Regional Network Team and to oversee program execution within NSIN’s 11 Regions;
- An unquenchable passion to change the way that DOD solves its problems. NSIN is engaged in hard work and there are long, tough days when making change.
- Must be US Citizen.
This is a GS-13 Level Compensation (this is a federal contractor position) with commensurate pay. The position is located in Arlington, VA.
How To Apply:
The application period for this position is now closed.
GXM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.