The application period for this position is closed.
About Your New Team
NSIN is a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) organization with the mission to build networks of innovators that generate new solutions to national security problems. NSIN does this by building communities of non-traditional defense problem solvers from the academic and venture communities, exposing these communities to national security problems through direct interaction with DoD end users, and supporting the further development and transition of these solutions into the DOD. The principal way in which NSIN achieves its mission is through three mutually supporting portfolios of programs: National Service, Collaboration, and Acceleration. NSIN’s Regional Network Team will be physically located in more than 35 different locations throughout the United States and is responsible for building the new communities of problem-solvers through which NSIN executes its programs.
About Your New Role
NSIN Regional Directors are responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing a multi-state strategy that enables the NSIN problem import-solution export function within their assigned areas of responsibilities. The Rocky Mountain Regional Director will be ‘based’ in NSIN’s Hub location in Denver, CO and responsible for identifying and establishing Spoke locations throughout Utah, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, and South Dakota. More than any other role within NSIN’s operating model, that of Regional Director requires the most mental dexterity, entrepreneurship, initiative, and maturity. Regional Directors build and cultivate intra-regional communities of national security problem-solvers that connect one or more Spokes with their Hub City and DoD Customers throughout their Region. They do this not only to serve the interests of their assigned Region, but to increase the overall value of their assigned node within the National Security Innovation Network for which the Managing Director is ultimately responsible. Regional Directors are, all at once, starring cast in the NSIN movie, ambassadors extraordinary from the DoD, salespeople for NSIN products, and subordinate CEOs to the NSIN Managing Director.
To Crush this Role, You’ll Need to Bring
- a working knowledge of the venture, academic, and defense ecosystems throughout the Rocky Mountain Region of the United States;
- prior experience working in two or more of the following communities: national security, academia, and/or the start-up world so that you can operate most effectively with NSIN’s three constituencies;
- an aversion to being told exactly what to do and when to do it. The ability to operate extensively with minimal guidance is critical to the success of this role;
- an eagerness to travel and explore your assigned Region so that you know everything going on within in it. Traveling up to 40% of the time is pretty common and may surge based on the needs of NSIN;
- an unquenchable passion to change the way that DOD solves its problems. NSIN is engaged in hard work and there are long, tough days fighting a daunting bureaucracy;
- a willingness and aptitude to operate successfully as part of a remote, team-based culture.
This is a GS15-equivalent Contractor position with commensurate pay. The position is located in Denver, CO, (with travel throughout Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, and South Dakota).
How To Apply:
The application period for this position has closed.
GXM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.