The application period for this position closed at 5:00PM (EDT) on Monday, June 1, 2020.
The National Security Innovation Network (NSIN) is hiring a full-time University Program Director at the University of Nebraska at Omaha in Omaha, NE! Although the day-to-day duties and responsibilities of this role vary based on the needs of NSIN and the host university, the University Program Director spends his/her time:
- Engaging the University of Nebraska at Omaha and surrounding partners to create opportunities for UNO students and personnel to collaboratively work on and solve Department of Defense problems through coursework, exposure to University resources and expertise, and creation of ventures;
- Creating a national security problem-solving ecosystem in close partnership with UNO, the Omaha venture ecosystem, and Department of Defense end users from throughout the area;
- Planning, delivering, and evaluating NSIN programs in partnership with UNO;
- Creating bespoke collaboration opportunities between the Department of Defense and the faculty and students at UNO.
About the National Security Innovation Network (NSIN):
NSIN is a Department of Defense (DOD) program office with the mission to build networks of innovators that generate new solutions to national security problems. NSIN does this by building communities of non-traditional defense problem solvers (the academic and venture communities), exposing these communities to national security problems, and supporting the further development and transition of these solutions into the DOD. To facilitate the building of this network of problem solvers and to actively solve DOD problems, NSIN delivers three portfolios of programs: Acceleration, Collaboration, and National Service.
This is a GS14-equivalent Contractor position with commensurate pay and reports to appropriate leadership at University of Nebraska at Omaha and the NSIN Midwest Regional Director. The best candidate for the University Program Director position will possess:
- a working knowledge of the greater Omaha community;
- prior experience working in at least two of the following three areas: academia, the Department of Defense, or the venture community;
- an understanding of current Department of Defense innovation efforts and organizations;
- an unquenchable passion to change the way that DoD solves problems.
How To Apply:
The application period for this position is now closed.
GXM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.