The National Security Innovation Network (NSIN) is hiring in Chicago! We are seeking a Regional Director for the Great Lakes Region.
The application period for this position is closed.
NSIN is recruiting a Regional Director to oversee all of its efforts with the early-stage venture community and academia throughout the Great Lakes Region and responsible for all NSIN activities in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
The day-to-day duties and responsibilities of this role vary based on the needs of NSIN and the Great Lakes Region and can include:
- Creating a national security problem-solving ecosystem in the Great Lakes Region and Department of Defense end users from throughout the area;
- Planning, delivering, and evaluating NSIN programs;
- Creating bespoke collaboration opportunities between the Department of Defense and local innovation communities.
Successful Candidates Will Have:
- a working knowledge of the greater Great Lakes community;
- prior experience working in at least two of the following three areas: academia, the Department of Defense, or the venture community;
- an understanding of current Department of Defense innovation efforts and organizations;
- a willingness to travel frequently in order to coordinate and synergize innovation efforts throughout the GLR;
- an unquenchable passion to change the way that DoD solves problems.
How To Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to Jobs@nsin.us with the subject line: GLRD Position by 5:00PM (EDT) on Friday, April 24, 2020.
About the National Security Innovation Network (NSIN):
NSIN is a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) organization with the mission to build networks of innovators that generate new solutions to national security problems. NSIN does this by building communities of non-traditional defense problem solvers from the academic and venture communities, exposing these communities to national security problems through direct interaction with DoD end users, and supporting the further development and transition of these solutions into the DOD. The principal way in which NSIN achieves its mission is through three mutually supporting portfolios of programs: National Service, Collaboration, and Acceleration. NSIN’s Regional Network Team will be physically located in more than 35 different locations throughout the United States and is responsible for building the new communities of problem-solvers through which NSIN executes its programs.