The National Security Innovation Network (NSIN) is hiring a program manager within our Acceleration Portfolio!
NSIN Program Managers are exclusively responsible for the development, management, execution, evaluation, and improvement of their assigned programs and are organized into Portfolios led by a Portfolio Director. Program Managers are accountable for their product (i.e., program) from design to completion and are ultimately accountable for ensuring that all relevant data related to product assessment is collected, collated, and analyzed. As a Program Manager within the NSIN Acceleration Portfolio, you’ll be assigned one or more programs that accelerate the adoption of novel concepts and solutions by the Department of Defense. The Acceleration Portfolio does this through programs organized around two, principal lines of effort: facilitating engagement with DoD end users and transition partners to stimulate dual-use venture growth; and improving Technology Transfer and Transition (T3) rates for DoD Lab technology through dual-use commercialization via early-stage ventures. This position is a federal contractor position (GS-13 Level Compensation).
Successful Candidates Will Have:
- prior experience working in two or more of the following communities: national security, academia, and/or the start-up world so that you can operate most effectively with NSIN’s three constituencies;
- an aversion to being told exactly what to do and when to do it. The ability to manage your program(s) with minimal guidance is critical to the success of this role;
- deep empathy for the DoD end users that we serve. You’re not managing a venture portfolio, you’re trying to get critical, new technologies into the hands of warfighters as quickly and efficiently as possible;
- serious program management chops (probably at least five years of prior experience). We need clear-thinking, deliberate, and creative program managers that hold themselves to a standard of excellence;
- a willingness to travel (about 25%) in order to direct feedback on program execution from our Regional Network Team and to oversee program execution within NSIN’s 11 Regions;
- an unquenchable passion to change the way that DOD solves its problems. NSIN is engaged in hard work and there are long, tough days fighting a daunting bureaucracy;
- a willingness and aptitude to operate successfully as part of a remote, team-based culture. About half our organization is dispersed throughout the United States and you’ll need to be particularly sympathetic to the remote, asynchronous nature of your teammates’ work.
How To Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to Jobs@nsin.us with the subject line: Accel Program Manager by 5:00PM (EDT) on Friday, April 3, 2020.
About the National Security Innovation Network (NSIN):
NSIN is a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) organization with the mission to build networks of innovators that generate new solutions to national security problems. NSIN does this by building communities of non-traditional defense problem solvers from the academic and venture communities, exposing these communities to national security problems through direct interaction with DoD end users, and supporting the further development and transition of these solutions into the DOD. The principal way in which NSIN achieves its mission is through three mutually supporting portfolios of programs: National Service, Collaboration, and Acceleration. NSIN’s Regional Network Team will be physically located in more than 35 different locations throughout the United States and is responsible for building the new communities of problem-solvers through which NSIN executes its programs.