About Your New Team
NSIN is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) organization with the mission to build networks of innovators that generate new solutions to national security problems. NSIN does this by building communities of non-traditional defense problem solvers from the academic and venture communities, exposing these communities to national security problems through direct interaction with DoD end users, and supporting the further development and transition of these solutions into the DoD. The principal way in which NSIN achieves its mission is through three mutually supporting portfolios of programs: National Service, Collaboration, and Acceleration. NSIN’s Regional Network Team will be physically located in more than 35 different locations throughout the United States and is responsible for building the new communities of problem-solvers through which NSIN executes its programs.
NSIN’s commitment to diversity and an inclusive work environment extends beyond our network to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, relations, parental status, or other non-merit factor.
About Your New Role
As a Program Manager within the NSIN Acceleration Portfolio, you will manage one or more programs that directly drive the NSIN mission of innovating the DoD. More specifically, Acceleration Portfolio Programs do the following:
- Support the formation and growth of dual-use ventures.
- Engage with DoD end users and transition partners; such as venture accelerators, incubators, NSIN startup events, and funding sources within and outside of the U.S. Government.
- Improve Technology Transfer and Transition (T3) rates for DoD Lab Technology through dual-use commercialization via early- stage ventures.
Program Managers serve as the principal product owner for all of their programs and services. This includes development, planning, resourcing, and execution of all components and phases of program execution, as well as measuring assigned programs (or services) through the development of Key Performance Indicators and/or other measures of efficiency and efficacy. (60%)
Program Managers work directly with the NSIN Regional Team, composed of 10 Regional Directors and 35 University Program Directors, to deliver NSIN Acceleration Programming across the nation. This includes the management of DoD customers for all programming, working with members of the Regional Team to create unique acceleration programming that leverage the unique competitive advantages of each region, and actively facilitating feedback to continually improve program design and execution. (30%)
Program Managers work with the NSIN Communications Team to collaboratively develop and manage their program/s’ brand. They share their successes and takeaways with the Communication Team, so they can effectively market NSIN’s work to both internal and external stakeholders and the public. (10%)
What We Are Looking For in a Teammate
- Familiarity with the technology scouting and venture capital communities.
- Experience working with emerging technology and national security policy communities.
- Broad knowledge of emerging national security needs and associated Science and Technology programs.
- Proven track record of program management experience, including resource prioritization, budgeting and developing measures of effectiveness and efficiency.
- Working familiarity with Human-Centered Design, Lean and Agile methodologies and other commercial innovation practices.
- Some combination of professional or educational experience that includes at least two of the following three areas: national security; academia (e.g., teaching or administration) and entrepreneurship / venture development and investments.
- Possess at least an earned B.A./B.S. degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education (or international equivalent) in appropriate discipline(s) in the hard or soft sciences. (MBA preferred).
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to work out of Arlington, VA.
- Broad knowledge of academic research and commercial research and development relevant to emerging DoD capability needs.
- Demonstrated experience providing analysis, policy, and technology support in the national security and/or intelligence communities.
- Recent experience in technology projects involving inter-agency, inter-departmental, and international partners.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal communications skills, including oral and written skills.
This position is a federal contractor position with up to GS-13 Level Compensation depending on experience and education.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Jobs@nsin.us with the subject line: Acceleration PGM Position by 5PM (EDT) on April 27, 2021.