The National Security Innovation Network (NSIN) is hiring a Regional Director to oversee our efforts in the early-stage venture and academia communities throughout the Pacific-North Region. This role will be responsible for NSIN activities in Northern California (north of San Jose) and Nevada and is located in San Francisco, CA. Applications are due March 4, 2021.
NSIN is a U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) organization with the mission to build networks of innovators that generate new solutions to national security problems. NSIN does this by building communities of non-traditional defense problem solvers from the academic and venture communities, exposing these communities to national security problems through direct interaction with DoD end users, and supporting the further development and transition of these solutions into the DOD. The principal way in which NSIN achieves its mission is through three mutually supporting portfolios of programs: National Service, Collaboration, and Acceleration. NSIN’s Regional Network Team will be physically located in more than 35 different locations throughout the United States and is responsible for building the new communities of problem-solvers through which NSIN executes its programs.
NSIN’s commitment to diversity and an inclusive work environment extends beyond our network to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, or other non-merit factor.
About Your New Role
The Pacific-North Regional Director principally oversees the development of Customers and Partners to solve national security problems through NSIN programs and serves as the single NSIN point of contact for all Department of Defense customers and private-sector Partners for the Pacific-North Region. (60%)
The Regional Director collaborates with the DOD customers based in their region for the purposes of identifying potential NISN program or pilot matches. This includes, but is not limited to, initial customer engagement; identifying problems and pain points within the commands and their subordinate component commands; and identifying potential problem-solving partners from academia and/or the early-stage venture community within NSIN’s network and to engage them in problem-solving activity through NSIN programs or pilots. (30%)
The Pacific-North Regional Director represents NSIN at symposia, conferences, or other strategic engagement opportunities in the region as recommended by the Director of Communications and approved by the Director of Operations. (10%)
This position supports the direction of the NSIN Director of Operations. The incumbent will be based in San Francisco, CA.
What We are Looking for in a Teammate
- Working knowledge of the defense, venture, and/or academic community in the Pacific-North Region
- Experience working with dual-use technology and national security policy communities
- Broad knowledge of emerging national security needs and associated Science and Technology programs
- Broad knowledge of academic research and commercial research and development relevant to emerging DOD capability needs
- Recent experience in technology projects involving inter-agency, inter-departmental, and international partners
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, including oral and written skills
- Foresight, maturity, and the ability to negotiate amicable solutions with diverse teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Travel requirements for this position are frequent. The incumbent may be required to travel up to 40% of the time
Must be a US Citizen.
The incumbent will be compensated at a level equivalent to a GS-15 with locality equivalent compensation (this is a government position).
How To Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Jobs@nsin.us with the subject line: Pacific North RD Position by 5:00PM (EST) on March 4, 2021. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.